Monday, August 13, 2012

South East Asia bound

Soon I will be traveling again. Heading to far off lands near the land down under. I'll be landing in Denpasar which is the capital of Bali. I land at 1:15 am. Awkward I know. Ironically My friend who I am meeting managed to get a flight that is also landing at about 1am. Same day, so Random.

I have A LOT to somehow finish while still working near full quota Background painting.  I have an upcoming show at Westboro beach with other artists and musicians. I got the okay for a tent from the Garlic Farm yesturday.

My Visa application for India got sent out today! I didn't know they take your passport and put it right in your passport. I still have to get a Visa for China. Tho China's processing time is faster then India so I should just squeeze it all in I think with some time to spare.

My printer decided to break finally today. It was already kinda broke. I've had to hand feed the paper one by one for months now. Of course it broke right after buying new ink haha. Course.

I came across a site today talking about the Penan People. Who are a Nomadic Aboriginal people. They live near Sarawak and Brune in Indonesia. I found them through a page about the ongoing fight in Brazil with the Aboriginals over the Belo Monte Dam. I was surprised to find that The news appears to be the Same in Indonesia as here. Presidents and Prime Ministers Talking about Free Trade, Massive Cover ups over the colonization of Aboriginal Groups. Including racial hate crimes and De-Humanized treatment over the Penan and their land. For what? For logging, oil palm plantations and hydroelectric dams.. Sounds closely linked to Brazil does it not. If you recall my writings on Guatemala in 2011 as well. The Maya have been and are still being systematically oppressed over the Spanish claim to their land and almost full colonization of the people. Very few if Any, Mayans remember their original Traditions in Full that were not corrupted by outside assimilation attempts.

Also, what is happening in Canada and the USA? Why its just about the same thing! Only we're all about the pipelines and fracking. I find it rather shocking how people aren't putting the pieces together of all this. Is Apathy really that bad in this world.? But this world I mean mainly North America. I can't blame Canadians or Americans for this tho. Because we are a result of Colonization. We are mostly decendants of those are still doing these crimes around the world today. We are them as a result. We look the other way. We have our happy distractions. Created on the backs of everyone else in the world.

Exploitation Exploitation, Exploitation. Its dis-hearting. I can't really buy anything made new. and from new materials. Knowing and seeing the destruction as a result of our current economic paradigm is all a bit much. I try to support hand made crafts, recycled creations, or consignment/used items. They have character, they have history. and they have a heart. They were created out of love. As a result, embody that essence of love with them.

I'm doing a poster for the "National Domestic Workers Movement" in India. I was put in contact with them through a friend. I have to design a poster showing the workers their new Minimum Wage rights. As most don't read, It will have to be visual.

When I was getting my Visa today I was flipping through a magazine for India. Last night I also found this amazing project in India called "Dewars India". Their description and videos are really amazing. I found them thru a Dub FX vid on Youtube. Who is inspiring and beyond this time in his own right. Check out the Dewarists About page and be inspired!

I'm really stoked to go to India and will try and spend a large leg of the end there if I can. Such an inspiring people. I've been highly interested in the Sacred Sanskrit of India and the Vedas. They are also like the Birthplace of Rainbows haha. I wish I was gunna be in India for Holi. The festival of colors

This trip is taking an interesting turn right now. Issues involving those 2 areas of the trip are surfacing. I feel That this trip, like all my trips, and my daily life, Will not just be about taking snap shots of awe striking scenery. But since coming into so much new found awareness and connectedness with this world, I will surely go thru more shifts and changes in my consciousness and my awareness. So much happens to my already on a daily basis here in Ottawa that I can't even begin to Fathom all that will rush towards me when I am fully emersed in travelling again. Full on submerging into the waves of the universal flow. Total Surrendering to where it may take me. Open to what may come, and what is being offered to the growth of my soul.

Now to get all this pre-trip stuff done!! :)

Peace Peace Peace
Love Love Love
and lots of blessings of light to you all.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment