Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ode To My Dresser

Once my heart was filled with separation and holes.
I did not know this, but I felt this.
I tried to fill these holes in my heart with things.

Things that I found, things that saw.
But like a plant cut from its roots,
these temporary space fillers dissolved and quickly died off,
and the holes remained.
So did the separation within.

Little did I think to ask how these holes appeared
Were they always there?
And that is when I thought to look at the cause.

Hidden deep and buried.
Thru every cave that these holes carved in my heart.
Exploring the fast cavities and discovering the network of tunnels that lay inside me.

One by one I journeyed into these tunnels and removed the problems making them. Upon doing this the the tunnels began to disappear and the healing had begun.

So I am not just saying goodbye to my dresser as it goes onto a new life with a new roomy. I am saying thank you. Thank your for showing me by existing, what I needed to see inside myself.

And for being there by side on my journey. I have a long way to go yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment